“The most practical help I have had to push me towards my goals”
“Shine has taught me to value my contribution to life and people around me"
The Cambridge Evening News ran an article referring to ShineWOMEN during January 2013 - click here to have a look!
What is Shine?
“Shine is a self-esteem course with an inspirational, practical and experiential approach to learning. Its core aim is for each girl and woman to develop an understanding of her own personal worth, strength and purpose and realise the potential within her to fulfil her desires.”
Shine was created and developed by Hillsong Church, Sydney, Australia and is currently being used in more than 300 diverse organisations across many parts of the world. We launched Shine in Cambridge in January 2010.
Shine equips girls and women to…
• Identify themselves as valuable with much to contribute
• Build confidence, self-esteem and self-worth
• Develop respect and boundaries in relationships (ShineWOMEN)
• Develop decision making and problem solving skills (ShineGIRL)
• Understand they are able to have a positive influence in their world
• Identify personal desires and strengths to motivate them to set and achieve personal goals
Shine is based on 3 foundational concepts; Worth, Strength and Purpose…
I have Worth! 'Body and soul, I am marvellously made'
The focus for these sessions is for each participant to understand for themselves that they are valuable. Their uniqueness is something to celebrate and they have been wonderfully made.
I have Strength! 'Choose life'
These sessions explore the power of choice and the power that decisions have on shaping a person’s future. This is addressed through practical sessions about feelings, willpower, convictions, boundaries and respect.
I have Purpose! 'I have a hope and a future'
Purpose is examined through exploring hopes, dreams and desires. Goal setting, discussions on potential and talents and practical activities are used to equip and build confidence to live out a purpose-filled adventurous life.
• 2 Courses: ShineGIRL(girls aged 12 – 17 years) and ShineWOMEN (women aged 18+)
• Course Duration: ShineGIRL – 9 weeks / ShineWOMEN – 8 weeks
• Session Length: 1 – 2 hours depending on group
How Can I Be Involved?
There are a number of ways you can be involved in Shine…
• Attend Shine for yourself!
• Sponsor a girl/woman to participate in the program (£20 per person)
• Donate free gifts for the programme
• Organise a fund-raising event
Shine Intensive Weekend Course
Dates: Friday 27 – Sunday 29 March
Time: From 7pm Friday 27 – 4:30pm Sunday
Venue: High Leigh Conference Centre, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 8SG
Cost: £150 (includes en suite accommodation, food and all 8 sessions of Shine!)
Spaces limited - book early to avoid disappointment!
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
A fee of £30 will apply to all cancellations made.
If cancellation is made before 31 January 2015 all other monies paid will be refunded.
Cancellations after 31st January will not be refunded unless we are able to re book the place.
Shine Evening Course
Start Date: 6 May 2015
Time: 7:30pm – 9:30pm
Venue: C3 Centre, 14 Alpha Terrace, CB2 9HT
Course Length: 8 consecutive weeks (no session during half-term)
Cost: £5 non-refundable booking fee
If you would like any more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 844415
Please note, all information detailed about Shine is taken from the Hillsong website and Shine handbooks. For more information visit http://www.myhillsong.com/shine